Compliance is a critical component of any cybersecurity program. Organizations such as ISO, ENISA, NIST, BSI have developed international standards for cybersecurity with some providing certification of compliance. In addition, most countries have developed IT security requirements that include policies, frameworks and directives for compliance to those international, or their own security standards to protect their IT infrastructure.
Click here to contact our Compliance Services
ompliance is not just about conforming to legal or contractual requirements, it’s also about building trust for repeat business.
Compliance requires a management commitment to plan, implement, certify and maintain a set of standards or directives that gives you, your regulators, and your clients the confidence that your business is capable of operating in a safe and secure manner. It also drives employee attitudes and the organization’s mindset towards training and hiring of employees.
NISKAA will help take your organization through the steps planning, implementing, and Certifying in both national and international standards, and we pride ourselves on providing the most value possible whether it’s for individual steps or end-to-end Certification in a cyber security solution.
We also provide a wide selection of ISO training including tailored, highly focused and contextualized cybersecurity education for senior management and executives to understand their own specific cyber environment.
- In the Planning phase we will assess your business or security processes and develop a Maturity Matrix or Gap Analysis and identify strengths and areas to improve and provide a roadmap to Certification
- During Implementation, we will help take you to the management, operational and technical levels needed to pass a Certification Audit
- The Certification phase will start with passing a Certification Audit conducted by an approved Auditor and will continue throughout the maintenance life of the program, with periodic re-certifications
he Center for Internet Security Implementation (CIS) Controls are a prioritized set of actions that collectively form a defense-in-depth set of best practices that mitigate the most common attacks against systems and networks. They are developed by a community of IT experts who apply their first-hand experience as cyber defenders to create these globally accepted security best practices.
Niskaa will develop the relevant implementation and assessment control package according to NIST and CIS Controls / recommendation and complete the Basic, Foundational and Organizational worksheets by fully adapting the CIS basics.
The CIS cyber defence systems implementation includes:
- Offense informs defense: Use knowledge of actual attacks that have compromised systems to provide the foundation to continually learn from these events to build effective, practical defenses to include only those controls that can be shown to stop known real-world attacks.
- Prioritization: Prioritize Investment in Controls that will provide the greatest risk reduction and protection against the most dangerous threat actors, and that can be feasibly implemented in your computing environment
- Measurements and Metrics: Establish common metrics and KPIs to provide executives, IT specialists, auditors and security officials so that they can measure the effectiveness of security controls and make informed decisions regarding security improvements
- Continuous diagnostics and mitigation: Carry out continuous measurements to test and validate the effectiveness of current security controls which will help drive investment in performance improvements
- Automation: Automate security defenses to achieve reliable, scalable and continuous monitoring of controls and KPI
lectronic banking, institutional integration, and platform independence (smart phones, tablets and other insecure endpoints) are a growing trend, even while institutions are increasingly under attack by hackers and ever more sophisticated malware. At the same time, governments around the world are tightening regulations for online activities and protection of electronic information.
Financial institutions need to implement and maintain cyber resilient systems that meet their clients’ needs and limit their liability and maintain compliance to security regulations and practices.
NISKAA can help you meet the demanding cyber resilience requirements through assessments, issuing a Central Counter Parties (CCPs) report and providing guidance on the principles and key considerations in the Principles for Financial Market Infrastructures (PFMI). The five key aspects of a CCP’s financial risk management framework report focuses on governance, stress testing for both credit and liquidity exposures, coverage, margin and a CCP’s contribution of its financial resources to losses.
he implementation of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS) and the ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management System (ISMS) as an Integrated Management System (IMS) is important to the integration of business processes, cost reductions and public assurance of business and security excellence.
The Integrated Management System (IMS) risk-based implementation and certification will demonstrate your organization’s commitment to protecting your clients’ information and provide a framework to ensure the fulfillment of your industry, contractual and legal responsibilities. It will ensure that you meet the EU General Data Protection Regulation requirements and also benefit your bottom line through increased reliability and security of systems and information and improved customer and business partner confidence.
ISO 9001 Quality Management certification demonstrates that your organization is following the guidelines intended to increase business efficiency, increase productivity, reduce unnecessary costs and ensure the quality of processes and products aimed at enhancing customer satisfaction.
ISO 27001 certification demonstrates that your organization has identified your obligations, assessed your security risks, implemented controls and met the legislated and industry standards needed to limit any damage to the organization or loss of personal information.